Pre-Mattel Dolls vs. Mattel Dolls
On the right is a pre-mattel version of the American Girl Doll, Samantha, and on the left is the Mattel version. Do you see the differences? I can point all of them out.
1. The cheeks on the Mattel version look different. They droop down, while the Pre-Mattel is up straight.
2. The hair is darker on the Mattel version. It looks more straggly.
3. The eyes are darker on the Mattel doll.
4. The Mattel doll’s skin is lighter than the Pre-Mattel.
Now, we’ll see the Josefina Pre-Mattel and Mattel dolls.
1. The Pre-Mattel on the right has lighter eyes than the doll on the left.
2. The skintone on the Mattel version of the doll is more pink, just like she got sunburnt!
3. It looks like the Pre-Mattel doll has much thicker hair.
4. The Pre-Mattel doll has leather type tyes on the moccasins, while the Mattel doll has a shoestring type tye on the moccasins.
Most of you probably have Pre-Mattel dolls, while just some of you have Mattel. Either one is great, as long as you have the doll!
Thank you agdollresources.com for this interesting idea.